Choose your Program and then select the "Apply Now" button to download your application package.
Note that the basic UnBQ Application Form is included in each program's package, but can also be downloaded separately in the list below.
In order for students to be admitted to Blue Quills Post-Secondary, they must satisfy the admission requirements of the institution offering the particular program, such as Blue Quills, Athabasca University, or the University of Alberta. There are two admission routes for these programs (See the individual application package for your program choice):
- High School Matriculation
- Non-matriculation Adult
Most of our students apply under the second category. This means that students should be at least 18 years of age. Testing will be done prior to admission into any program to determine reading and writing levels.
Testing is available daily between 8:00 am and 1:30 pm weekdays. Please contact the Librarian to schedule test date.
STUDENT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
I. General Requirements
All students must be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, or possess a student visa. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the specific requirements of the particular program to which application is being made.
II. How to Apply:
Most Programs will require the completion of the following steps:
- Blue Quills Application Form
- Blue Quills Application Fee – $100.00
- Official Transcripts (All transcripts and have them sent directly from the educational institution to Blue Quills)
- Skills Appraisal Questionnaire (Please call the Librarian, to schedule test date)
- Program Supplemental Questionnaire Two (2) Reference Letters (Required for L & M Program only)
- Application Package (required for SWD and ECD Programs)
- Interview with Coordinator (Please call to arrange interview)
- Any other information specifically requested by program (contact the Registrar’s Department for more information) Other steps will depend on program you are applying for. The Registrar’s Department will inform you of individual program requirements.
- APPLY FOR FUNDING IF NECESSARY
III. Financial Assistance
The following agencies may provide financial assistance to students attending Blue Quills:
- Respective First Nations
- Treaty Six Employment & Training Services
- Metis Nation of Alberta
- Family and Social Services
- Student Aid
- Northern Alberta Development Council Student Bursary Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons Program
- Freehorse Family Wellness Society
- Aboriginal Employment Services
Additional information for Post-Secondary Admission:
In addition to being at least 18 years of age students should also possess some high school credits. English 30 or an equivalent is usually required for most university programs. All first year post secondary students are required to enroll in English 200 as a prerequisite to continue in the University Transfer programs (based on testing results).
Students must fulfill the prerequisites of their chosen program before they can advance to the next level. Thus, for example, students cannot enroll in English 255 unless they have credit in English 30 or received credit for an upgrading course, English 200.
(To receive transcript request forms, please contact the educational institution you attended or call our Registrar’s Department, we may have a copy on file.)
If you have any questions regarding the Application Form and/or procedure in completing the application process, please feel free to contact our Registrar’s Department.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND APPLICATION FEE ARE RECEIVED.
Phone: (780) 645-4455 Fax: (780) 645-4730
Toll Free: 1-888-645-4455 Post Secondary email: firstname.lastname@example.org